Horizon 2020, the new framework programme for research and innovation, is providing funding of approximately €79 billion during the period 2014 to 2020. Its funding activities cover the entire innovation chain , from basic research to the provision of marketable products and services.
The programme consists of three basic priorities:
- Promote research and open new opportunities for future technologies by supporting a collaborative research.
- To provide Europe with adequate research infrastructures and easy access for all researchers over Europe
- To support the mobility of researchers in Europe and beyond
- The programme will foster greater innovation and build leadership and industrial technologies
- Provide a strong support for innovation in SMEs and facilitate the access to risk finance
- In this priority the support will be focused mainly on major challenges (health, sustainable agriculture, climate action, transport, energy, etc.) Europe is facing.
For more information, click here.